1. Oilfield wives are the most capable women you will ever meet. They know how to fix the sink, mow the lawn, dig out a splinter, change a flat, and a million and one other things. Not necessarily by choice, but because these catastrophes only happen when the oilfield men are gone and the women have no choice but to handle the problem.
2. Being in an oilfield marriage is difficult. Being a wife isn’t easy. All marriages require work, but being an OILFIELD wife is even harder, and oilfield marriages require even more work. An oilfield marriage takes a lot of patience, prayer, and perseverance.
3. Oilfields wives aren’t necessarily “anti-social”, they’re just used to not needing anyone else around.
4.Oilfield wives roll their eyes at women that whine about their husbands being away on overnight business trips.
5. It’s hard for a parent to be both the mom and dad. Oilfield wives have to do this half of the time…while still leaving a place for dad.
6.Oilfield wives are the best multi-taskers in the world.
7. They are tougher than they look.
8. Just because they have to be tough, doesn’t mean oilfield wives don’t have feelings. Just because a person is capable of doing something (like living without their husbands for weeks at a time) doesn’t mean they enjoy it.
9. Oilfield wives might have a breakdown every now and then. It’s healthy to release some steam once in a while. Even if it seems as though they have it all together, an oilfield wife might be struggling.
10. Even a lonely oilfield wife needs some “me time”. Being alone is not the same as having time to yourself.
11. Oilfield wives will do absolutely anything for their families. That might mean living in a camper to be closer to dad, or in other circumstances, it might mean living in another state (or country) and hardly seeing dad at all. Whatever the case may be, an oilfield wife always has her family’s best interests at heart. There’s nothing she won’t do for her family.